Friday, September 7, 2007

More progress, Friday afternoon update

I certainly have seen more of Jerry's brown eyes this morning. Sedation has been off since midnight and is gradually wearing off. I am constantly with him as I'm sure he is very foggy after 12 days of sedation, and don't want him to be afraid. He is breathing comfortably on his own and looks much better. Will plan for extubation tomorrow. The process of extubation occurs more slowly as he has been sedated so long. He is running a temp of 101- 102 and white blood count is up some. Something to draw concern not alarm. He is responding to my voice and turning to find me in the room, a very good sign. (he probably wants to tell me to shut the hell up as I have been repeating myself all day, "don't be afraid, the tube is awful and you are done with it, take your time waking up and we'll take it out, etc)

I truly believe that God has gotten him this far, and after extubation the picture will change dramatically. Your words of encouragement have helped us to carry this burden. One of you wrote me that "It takes great faith to patiently wait, believing God does not come too soon or too late" no truer words were ever said.

All our love, Deb and Jer

1 comment:

Lya said...

Dearest Jerry and Debbie
We are thrilled with the progress, having following updates several times a day in over two weeks.
Again hope we will still get get progress reports on a daily basis.
Thank you Tim for the excellent work you have been doing.
Love to Jerry and Debbie