Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wed morning, test results back

The doctors continue to wean Jerry off all supports a little more, which is good. However, yesterday's echo did not show the improvement we would like to see in Jerry's heart. The team will meet today for assessment of the current treatment plan. They are still looking to get off the pump (maybe today) and the vent (maybe in a day or two).

After 10 days of spending every minute in the hospital with Jerry, I left today. I was able to spend a night in the hotel, take a shower, eat at a sidewalk cafe, and sleep in a real bed. In some ways, it has been great. In other ways, it has been quite a challenge. But it's something I needed to do. Everyday is a struggle for both Jerry and me, but we're both doing our best. Many of you have offered to come and be with us, but my family is with me now and we may need you in the future.Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and loving support. Please continue to pray for us.

Love,

Debbie.

No comments: